Convenience stores provide a new way for entrepreneurs to make a lot of money. Starting your convenience store can be difficult if this is your first business venture.
As a result, you wish to use franchising to open and operate your convenience shop. Nothing tops 7–Eleven when it comes to convenience shop franchises.
About the company
We had just been selling ice chunks up until that point. Joe Thompson was finally able to purchase Southland Ice Company due to the store’s expanding profitability.
The corporation was then renamed Southland Corporation to build convenience stores. By 1946, the popularity of the new store model had skyrocketed in several areas.
As a result of their success, the businesses have extended their hours from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week, depicting the store’s name.
After the Southland Corporation purchased an additional 126 Speedee Mart licensed convenience stores in California, franchising began in 1964.
7-Eleven Franchise Stores
The 7-Eleven franchisor offers three different store types:
- A traditional individual store: It is one that the franchisor owns or rents.
- Business Conversion Program (BCP) franchise: Unlike typical franchisees, this franchisee pays a separate royalty and is subject to a different disclosure form.
- Micro Market Franchise: This small-scale store can be found on its own or in an office building, university, hospital, hotel, or other similar settings.
7-Eleven Franchise Model
|Investment||$50,000 to $1,000,000|
|Royalty fee||50% of gross profit|
|Area Requirement||least 1,800 square feet|
The Benefits Of Owning A 7-Eleven Franchise
7-Eleven ranks highly among franchise opportunities3 as a corporation.
By acquiring a 7-Eleven franchise, you may transform an existing firm into one with blockbuster branding and widespread recognition.
The company offers the following services:
- Paying for utilities such as water, gas, and electricity.
- Taking care of any building rent and property taxes.
- Weekly business consultant meetings are held to help franchisees thrive.
- Obtaining and paying for land, construction, and storage equipment.
- Internal financing program that can finance up to 65 percent of the initial franchise price.
Training At 7-Eleven
The training takes place in the Store Support Center and a 7-Eleven Training store in Irving, Texas. The training curriculum is around 300 hours long.
All franchisees and any supervisors they select with our approval must complete the course successfully (as we determine it).
The franchisor may provide further training based on modifications in the 7-Eleven system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites for a 7-Eleven franchise?
To open a 7-Eleven franchise, you must be at least 21 years old and have U.S. citizenship (or permanent status). Pass a thorough background check. Have no other business interests that would threaten your ability to properly implement the 7- Eleven business model.
How much money do 7-Eleven franchisees make?
7-Eleven franchise owners can earn between $50,000 and $75,000 per year in profit.
Is it wise to invest in 7- Eleven?
The 7-Eleven system may ultimately result in a more profitable business as a franchisee. With a strong brand, a robust support system for franchisees, and a reasonable royalty structure.
Amit Gupta is the founder of DrFranchises. He has a keen interest in investments, and has thus far invested in a few franchises. Franchise businesses are his forte- he knows all there is to know about their space requirements, fees, ROI potential, and business models. This makes him an ideal candidate for anyone looking to invest in a franchise