Are you interested in starting a KFC franchise in India? Are you thinking about launching a business in the retail food industry?
Read this to determine why and how to apply and the cost and investment involved.
About the KFC
For short, Kentucky Fried Chicken, or KFC, is a fast-food restaurant brand known for its fried chicken. The company’s headquarters is in Kentucky, in the United States of America.
KFC is the world’s second-largest fast-food restaurant chain in terms of sales. McDonald’s, as we all know, comes in #1.
Moreover, the company has a global footprint, as evidenced by the fact that it is present in 136 countries and has around 22,621 locations worldwide as of December 2018.
KFC Corporation began offering franchises in the market in 1952 since the company has opened hundreds of outlets worldwide.
History Of KFC
KFC was founded in Utah in 1952. Harland created his one-of-a-kind formula using 11 herbs and a few flavors in July 1940.
After a long journey, Harland Sanders finally divulged his secret recipe to his friend Pete Harman.
With Pete’s aid, Pete owned one of the city’s most well-known restaurants, and Harland created his first KFC franchise.
After that, Sanders used to visit all of KFC’s locations worldwide, even after the company’s remarkable success. Various franchisees started approaching him.
KFC chicken had many places, but none of them were signature locations. Subsequently, KFC also guarantees that Colonel’s recipe will never change. And, Colonel Sander had a simple decision to make.
Finally, he realized that building and controlling an organization on one’s own is difficult. As a result, in 1964, he decided to sell his company for $ 2 million.
Now, the new KFC owner acknowledged that Sander’s face was possibly the most potent resource for the “KFC brand.”
KFC Franchise Model
|Area Required||1000 sq ft to 1500 sq ft|
|Royalty-Fee||4% to 5% of gross revenue|
How does the KFC franchise model work?
KFC franchises come in all shapes and sizes, and many successful franchisees run multiple locations.
The majority of businesses have Franchises. When it comes to the sort of Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise, you have various options:
• Smallbox: These small venues offer minimal seating and focus on grab-and-go ordering
• Food court: These are grab-and-go outlets where customers use communal seating to place and collect their food orders
- Each has exact size, design, adjacent amenities, and location criteria.
- Restaurant: These provide ample seating, customers can eat food on the premises
KFC Franchise Benefits in India
- They provide a service that makes day-to-day tasks more straightforward.
- Online ordering is available on the KFC platform, based on cash-on-cash returns.
- Franchises combine the freedom of a small firm with the benefits of an extensive business system.
- To run a KFC franchise, you don’t need any business experience.
- Compared to start-up businesses, the KFC franchise has made fantastic progress.
- You’ll discover that securing investment for a KFC franchise is more accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it a good plan to take a KFC franchise in India?
Apart from India, KFC is a well-known brand name over the world. Rather than working for your firm, the word itself creates sales. As a result, no additional effort requires to build a fundamental marketing strategy. Still, you can raise the level of your business to enormous volumes by using your marketing strategies.
How to apply for a franchise?
You can apply for a KFC franchise by going to their website.
Is KFC keeping track of its franchisees?
Audits conduits regularly to verify that all KFC franchise outlets maintain standards.
Is there anything I have to pay regularly?
Yes, A royalty fee and an advertising fee are charged based on 5% of gross income.
Amit Gupta is the founder of DrFranchises. He has a keen interest in investments, and has thus far invested in a few franchises. Franchise businesses are his forte- he knows all there is to know about their space requirements, fees, ROI potential, and business models. This makes him an ideal candidate for anyone looking to invest in a franchise